Today’s episode is with Shabrina Koeswologito. Shabrina is an Indonesian, currently living in New York City to pursue her business idea in the travel space. She started her first overseas trip in 2001, when she was 11 years old. It was a one-month exchange program in Sweden, reputed to be tough. After being exposed to 11 different cultures and living independently for the first time, she became hooked. In her culture, solo traveling is not the norm for women. Often she got ridiculed and rejected by her friends and family. Fast forward to 2016 her blog and writing work led her to continue her master’s degree in Tourism Management in New York University. her travel stories have been published in World Nomads, Thought Catalog, and Thrive Global. In this episode, we discuss:
- Her solo travel story from Indonesia to pursuing her business ideas in New York City
- How she found her voice and self-worth in New York City
- Travel, culture, and woman empowerment in Indonesia
- What Sustainable tourism is and why it’s important
- How to make and maintain friends from around the world. Keys: Listening and be useful.
Catch our episode here or below: