Today’s interview is with Dr. Gleb Tsipursky. Dr. Tsipursky is a cognitive neuroscientist and expert on behavioral economics and decision making. As CEO of Disaster Avoidance Experts, he spent over two decades consulting, coaching, speaking and training hundreds of clients across North America, Europe, and Australia, including Aflac, IBM, Honda, Wells Fargo, and the World Wildlife Fund. With over 15 years in academia, including 7 as a professor at Ohio State University, he published dozens of peer-reviewed pieces in academic journals such as Behavior and Social Issues and the Journal of Social and Political Psychology. His thought leadership is featured in Fast Company, CBS News, Time, CNBC, Inc Magazine, and elsewhere. He authored the bestselling The Truth-Seeker’s Handbook. His new book is Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters.
In our episode we talk about the following:
- How top leaders and organizations overcome cognitive biases
- How to adapt proven strategies into any business context
- How survivorship bias distorts how leaders assess failure and success.
- Why gut instinct extracts its highest toll at the top levels of leadership
Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Website: http://www.disasteravoidanceexperts.com/
- Book: https://www.amazon.com/Never-Your-Gut-Pioneering-Decisions/dp/1632651629
- Twitter: @gleb_tsipursky
Check out our interview here or below: