Today’s interview is with David C. Baker. David is an entrepreneurial adviser and speaker who teaches us how to make a global impact through thought leadership and how to turn your competitors into an asset. He grew up with a tribe of Mayan Indians in a remote village in Guatemala and has worked and lived all over the world before finally settling down in Nashville, TN. He is also a regular speaker not only for TEDx, but for Harvard, Adobe, and other international conferences. His fifth book, The Business Of Expertise: How Entrepreneurial Experts Convert Insight To Impact + Wealth teaches entrepreneurs how to elevate themselves and the world.
David grew up with a tribe of Mayan Indians in a remote village in the highlands of Guatemala. He’s a helicopter and airplane pilot, an avid photographer, and taught high performance motorcycle riding/racing. Based in Nashville, he has visited and worked all over the world. He is married, has two boys, two daughters-in-law, and multiple grandchildren.
David and I talk about the following in the episode:
- How to generate thought leadership that will set you apart
- How to test positioning for your practice or firm?
- How to develop deeper expertise?
- How to attract a following in the marketplace?
- How to use pattern recognition in your practice, monetize it and turn that into intellectual property?
Resources Mentioned In The Episode:
- Thought Leader Academy: https://www.thoughtleaderprogram.com/courses/thoughtleaderacademy
- The Business Of Expertise: How Entrepreneurial Experts Convert Insight To Impact + Wealth: https://www.amazon.com/Business-Expertise-Entrepreneurial-Experts-Convert/dp/1605440604
- The Business of Expertise Website: https://www.expertise.is
Catch our episode here or below: